“One Best Book is equal to Hundred Good Friends; One Good Friend is equal to a Library.” –Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
The Library, being the heart of the college, supports the college in its mission, to advance learning and knowledge by linking theory and practice in all disciplines, and to prepare students for lifelong learning, leadership and careers in a changing multicultural world. Our college library is an institution within the institution. The young minds are exposed to ever expanding fields of knowledge which lies dormant in books and journals. An endeavor is to make them library minded. The college library caters intellectual as well as the general reading needs of its reader in an ideal and reader’s friendly environment.
The Library hall is surrounded by noise free and inviting reading environment for the readers. The Library operates from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm on all working days. The college library has at present a good collection of more than 22,535 books which include textbooks, reference books and general books. The Library subscribes magazines and 7 Newspapers.
The library is the hub of knowledge and learning for the community, with a staff committed to excellence; dedicated to the open, free exchange of ideas; and continually striving to make it easy for our users to locate, navigate, and access high quality information resources.
The library provides student-centered services and collections to foster student and graduate success through the development of information literacy, critical thinking, and life-long learning.
To support the emerging research and informational needs of our communities, we are committed to excellence and dedicated to the open, free exchange of ideas.
The Library of the college aims to be the best in providing access to the world of information technology application. Our Inspirations are “The five laws of Library Science” enunciated by Dr S.R. Ranganathan, the father of Library Science in India.
- Books are for use.
- Every reader his/her book.
- Every book its reader.
- Save the time of the reader.
- Library is a growing organism.
- Display of BOOKS/PERIODICALS – New arrivals are displayed in the library
- ORIENTATION PROGRAMME – At the beginning of the session, the new students are acquainted about the library and its services.
Issue & Return Timings: Monday to Saturday 10:30 am to 02:00 pm
- No person shall enter the Library less than fifteen minutes before the time of closing.
- Bags, personal belongings and books borrowed from other libraries must not be brought inside the library. These must be kept at the property counter.
- Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on its premises.
- While leaving the library, members are required to show their files, file covers, books etc. to the Library Staff on duty at the check – point.
- Eating, sleeping and smoking are not allowed in the Library.
- Readers should observe strict silence and switch off their Mobile – Phones in the Library premises.
- Make sure you have provided correct e-mail address and mobile number while filling your admission form.
- This IDENTITY cum LIBRARY CARD is non-transferable. In case of loss of Library Card, immediately report to the Library staff so that your membership is temporarily blocked to prevent misuse of the Library Card.
- A Student should always carry this card on his person while in the college library or in college. He should produce it on demand by the library staff/college staff.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- Reference/ Rare Books and Magazines are available for consultation only in the Library.
- Loss of the book should be immediately reported to the librarian and the matter settled by replacing the book or paying its prices within a week of due date. Delay fine, however, will be charged up to the date the matter is settled. In case the book is out of print or is a rare book and its latest edition is not available, its price will be charged as per the rules applicable from time to time or as decided by the principal. The decision in this regard of the Principal shall be final and binding.
- The damage, if any to a book should be brought to the notice of the librarian before getting the books issued, otherwise the person returning it will be held responsible for the damage.
- The student will be responsible for any loss which the library may suffer due to loss or misuse of the library/Id card.
- After reading, leave books on the table .Please do not shelve the books.
- Ask for the help from library staff if you are unable to find your required material