B.A.M Khalsa College, GSR
A hostel is a home away from home. With an aim to facilitate the stay of outstation students, Girls’ Hostel was built up in the year 2013 in the main campus of the college under the grant of XI plan of UGC. Initially as per requirement of students who came from far- flung places for higher education, five rooms were constructed. With increase in number of students the building is expanded with the raised funds of Management and College. Presently hostel has thirteen rooms, mess, common room, guest room etc. There is provision of ramp for physically challenged students. The hostel management committee is responsible to provide neat and clean environment and ensures the safety and security of the students in the hostels.
HOSTEL MANAGEMENT COMMITEE
The Hostel Management Committee is constituted for the smooth functioning of the hostel and mess facilities at B.A.M. KhalsaCollege, GSR. The Hostel Management Committee of the College is formed with the following members under the chairmanship of Principal:
- Dr.Kuldeep Kaur: Coordinator
- Prof. Deepika: Member
- Dr. Preeinder Singh: Member
- S. Parminder Singh, Member
RESPONSIBILITES OF HOSTEL MANAGEMENT COMMITEE
- Report all maintenance required in hostel on regular basis.
- Prepare SOP for functioning of Hostel & Mess.
- Prepare SOP for hiring mess contract.
- Give contract to mess contractor through proper channel.
- Acts as a bridge between the administration, caterers, hostel authorities on one side and the students on the other.
- Facilitates the grievance redressal of students and communicates the same to the concerned authorities.
- Keeps a check on the daily issues regarding the hostel infrastructure, the housekeeping issues, mess facilities, etc.
- Ensures an enriching stay at the campus.
- Maintain discipline in hostel.
- Organizes fun-packed events and food-carnivals.
- Coordinates with other clubs and committees for the successful conduct of various events.
- Manage and update hostel webpage
- To maintain the records of the activities conducted and submit the same to the IQAC Committee.