As the college students are well aware that Govt. of India and State Govt. of Punjab have effectively restricted the ragging of recently and newly admitted students in all educational Institutions. According to “Regulation on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institutions, 2009” and Hon’ble Supreme Court of India a strict disciplinary move is to be made against the students enjoying ragging of their newly admitted junior students. These actions include expulsion from the institute and mess/hostel or fine with a public statement of regret or retaining of scholarships, free ships or other advantages, debarring from participation in college events, occasions, industrial visits, trainings, campus placements considering inclusion of any senior student in ragging of the first year students of the Institutions in the earlier years. UGC guidelines 2009 and Hon’ble Supreme Court of India has coordinated the concerned Institutions/Universities to make prompt strides for the prevention of ragging in future. In this manner, the following procedures, mechanisms and techniques are embraced by the organization to control ragging among the students:
- It is clearly mentioned in the college prospectus that ragging, in any form, is completely prohibited in the institution, and anyone found guilty of ragging is liable to be punished as per norms.
- Notices and warnings regarding ragging are put up at various places in the campus.
- An undertaking letter is filled up by the students and their parents/guardians in regard of the prohibition and results of ragging.
- Centralized Anti Ragging Grievance along with departmental Anti Ragging Grievance sorts out a meeting at the beginning of the college academic session for prevention of ragging in campus.
- Anti Ragging Grievance along with departmental Anti Ragging Grievance under the supervision of Principle, organizes anti ragging campaigns inside the institute through posters, banners, activities and lectures.
- College Anti – Ragging Grievance arranges awareness drives, posters, banners in the college campus and hostel to spread awareness regarding ragging.
- A team comprising of faculty from various departments stays watchful in all academic blocks, cafeterias, playgrounds etc. to prevent any kind of ragging. This team interacts with the senior and junior students to control ragging in college campus.
- The institutional authority shall intimate the incidents of ragging occurred in their premises along with actions taken to the Council immediately after occurrence of such incident and inform the status of the case from time to time.
- Courts should make an effort to ensure that cases involving ragging are taken up on priority basis to send the correct message that ragging is not only to be discouraged but also to be dealt with sternness.
|Prof. Kanwar Kulwant Singh (Coordinator)||9815042325|
|Dr. Manbir Kaur||9915784751|
|Dr. Arvinder Singh||8427495500|
|Dr. Kamaljeet Kaur||9878653434|