ANTI RAGGING CELL B.A.M KHALSA COLLEGE, GSR
As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification from UGC, ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
As per the guidelines of UGC under the Act of 1956, which is modified as UGC regulations on curbing the menace of Ragging in higher Educational Institutions, 2009, B.A.M. Khalsa College has established anti-ragging cell for Building and Preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the college Campus. The main objective of this cell is to be to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging, if any, happening /reported in the places of Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Buses, Grounds, Hostels etc. Anti-ragging cell of B.A.M. Khalsa College has been constituted with the following members:
- Prof. Jaspal Singh: Coordinator
- Dr. Arvinder Singh Arora: Member
- Dr. Arvinder Kaur: Member
- Prof. Kamini: Member
RESPONSIBILITES OF ANTI RAGGING CELL
- To constitute Anti Ragging Squad for checking places like Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms and other places of student congregation, for any incidences of Ragging, and educate the students at large in the college about Menace of Ragging and related Punishment Provisions.
- To constitute Anti Ragging Committee for designing strategies and action plan for curbing the Menace of Ragging in the college by adopting array of activities.
- To aware the students of dehumanizing effect of ragging inherent in its perversity.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
- To generate an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that no act of ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go unnoticed and unpunished