SC/ST Cell B.A.M Khalsa College, GSR
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes have been identified as the two most backward groups of the Indian Society. They include all such castes, races or tribes, which have been declared as scheduled castes and scheduled tribes by the Constitution of India under the provisions of Article 341 and 342 of the Constitution of India. Scheduled Castes generally represent those communities, which have suffered from the stigma of untouchability in one form or the other. Scheduled Tribes are generally those who have been living in seclusion in hills and forests, more or less untouched by modern civilization and development.To abolish all forms of discrimination and put these groups at par with others, a SC/ST Cell is established as per UGC guidelines. The main objective of this cell is to ensure a socially just and equal social order for SC/ST students of the college and to empower the SC/ST students in the college. SC/ST Cell of B.A.M. Khalsa College has been constituted with the following members under the chairmanship of Principal:
- Prof. Deepika: Coordinator
- Prof. Naresh Kumari: Member
- Prof. Raideep Singh: Member
- Dr. Navdeep Singh: Member
- Mrs. Jasvir Kaur: Member
RESPONSIBILITES OF SC/ST CELL
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the college and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- To design complaint and Redressal mechanism.
- To maintain all records of mechanism, meetings, complaints and Redressal issues.
- To prepare webpage of cell and update regularly.
- To take special interest in facilitating financial support to students of these communities from government agencies and other sources.
- To conduct regular remedial coaching classes on life skills, personality development, writing assignments and making presentations, as well as Hindi and local language classes.
- To organize interactive sessions and informal meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems.
- To implement the reservation policy for SCs/STs in the College.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non-teaching positions in the college and analyse the data showing the trends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota.
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in college and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation.
- To implement the policies and programmes of the Government of India.
- To circulate Government of India and Commission’s decisions and to collect data regularly on an annual basis including information regarding course-wise admissions to candidates belonging to SC/ST in the College for different programmes, in forms prescribed, by a stipulated date, and to take follow up action, where required.
- To circulate Government of India orders and Commission’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointment, training of these communities in teaching and non-teaching posts in the college, in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action where required.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of SC/ST candidates, for evolving new policies or modifying existing policies by the Commission.
- To analyse the information collected above and prepare reports and digests for onward transmission to the MHRD/UGC and such other authorities as may be required.
- To deal with representations received from SC/ST candidates regarding their admission, recruitment, promotion and other similar matters in the college.
- To maintain a register for employment of SCs/STs in the College for the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities for various posts in the college.
- Any other work assigned from time to time to promote higher education among these two communities suffering economic, social and education deprivations.
- To establish SC/ST Book Bank in the library
- To take initiatives for obtaining grants from UGC/other funding agencies