WOMEN GRIEVANCE & REDRESSAL CELL B.A.M KHALSA COLLEGE, GSR
For gender equality and gender justice in all its interventions& practices, a Women Grievance & Redressal Cell is established as per Govt. guidelines. The main objective of this cell is to create awareness among women employees and students so that they are not subjected to gender-specific discrimination or sexual harassment and ensure that their fundamental rights (provided by the Constitution of India) are not violated. This cell will also facilitate Redressal of their grievances and shall cater to the issues/grievances concerning women employees and students. Women Grievance & Redressal Cell of the college is formed with the following members:
- Prof. Lakhwinderjeet Kaur: Coordinator
- Prof. Jatinder Kaur: Member
- Prof. Arvinder Kaur: Member
- Mrs. Jasvir Kaur: Member
- Dr. Ramanpreet, Gynecologist, Member
- Ms. Manpreet Kaur, Student Member
- Ms. Muskan, Student Member
RESPONSIBILITIES WOMEN GRIEVANCE & REDRESSAL CELL
- To design complaint and Redressal mechanism.
- To provide a platform for listing complaints and Redressal grievances.
- To resolve issues pertaining to girls’/women’s sexual harassment.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To serve the Women faculty and students of college.
- To maintain all records of mechanism, meetings, complaints and Redressal issues.
- To prepare webpage of cell and update regularly.
- To organize activities particularly on issues pertaining to ‘Gender Sensitization’, ‘Violence against Women’ and legal provisions under ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013’ for general awareness and make the campus adequately gender sensitive.
- To promote the Staff and students to participate in various programmes organised by Women Cell including Women’s Day celebration.
- To provide a forum for discussion and interaction with eminent feminists.
- To organize Seminars on women issues and Indian culture in context to dressing, festivals and traditions.
- To organize classes for training on recipes, interior decoration and other interests among women.
- To organize various types of training programmes and create awareness about self-employment schemes for the encouragement of self-reliance among women.
- To take initiatives for obtaining grants from UGC/other funding agencies.