BAM KHALSA COLLEGE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- To work for the welfare of the BAM Khalsa College, Garhshankar and support its vision and mission.
- To establish a mutually beneficial relationship between the institution and its alumni.
- To encourage and organize educational, social, cultural, sporting and civic activities among members.
- To maintain links with alumni in country and abroad and exchange innovative ideas and share information through communication for the betterment of the institution.
- To promote and provide help for educational scholarship and medical relief to poor and needy students of BAM Khalsa College, Garhshankar.
- To help foster a global perspective/standard in leading learning and prepare students for the global job market.
- To help in providing world class infrastructure for the students of the institution, so that the students of this institution could compete at international level.
- To arrange seminars, symposia, workshops and lectures for refreshing/updating knowledge and information of the alumni and current students of the institution.
- To honour the alumni for their outstanding contribution.
- To create a fund for providing financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students of the college and the name of the fund shall be BAM Khalsa College Alumni Association Society Fund.
- To do any other thing that may be conducive to the interest of the Society.
- All the income, earnings, movable or immovable properties of the society shall be utilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the memorandum of association and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profit or in any manner whatsoever, to the present or past members of the society
- To any person claiming through any one or more of the present or past members. No member of the society shall have any personal claim on any movable or immovable properties of the society or make any profit, whatsoever, by virtue of his membership.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Name of the society:- BAM Khalsa College Alumni Association
Membership Defined:- The membership of the society is open to any person who has attained the age of maturity and fulfills the terms & conditions of the society but subject to the approval of the governing body of the society.
Fee for membership:- Subscription shall be as following, unless otherwise revised by the Governing Body of the society:
- Subscription Rs. 500/per year
- Life Time Subscription Rs. 5000/-
- Life time Membership for NRI is $/£/€ 200 (currency applicable in the country to which NRI belongs)
The amount of subscription fees can be revised from time to time by the Governing Body.
4. Termination or Cessation of membership:- The Governing Body of the society shall have power to expel/terminate a member from membership of the society on the following grounds:-
- On death.
- On written resignation.
- If found involved in any anti- social activities.
- If adjudged by any court of law to be criminal offender.
- If disregards Rules & Regulations or disobey the decision of the Governing Body.
5. General Body Defined.:- All the Members of the society will constitute the General Body of the Society.
6. General Body Meeting
- Notice: – Minimum 15 days’ notice shall be given to all members, before the date of General Body Meeting, enclosed agenda specifying date, time, place and issues to be discussed.
- Meeting: – General Body Meeting shall be held once in every year regularly.
- Quorum: -The quorum of the general Body Meeting shall be 2/3rd (two —third) of the total strength of the Governing Body members of the society
7. Right & Privileges of the members:-All the members of the society shall be entitled to participate in meetings, cultural, educational functions and other lawful gatherings, called /arranged by the association.
8. Duties of the members
- All and every member of the society shall elect the governing body of the Society.
- Attend the General Body meetings regularly.
- Give necessary information to the society, pertaining to any matter which is necessary to be known by the society.
- not indulged in activities which are prejudicial to the aims & objectives and the Rules & Regulations of the Society
9. Governing Body
- Strength:- The strength of the Governing Body of the society (including office bearers and executive member) shall not be less than 7 and not more than 21.
- Term: – Term of the Governing Body shall be Two years.
- Notice:– Minimum 7 days’ notice shall be required for every governing body meeting of the society, but urgent meeting can be called by 24 hours’ notice.
- Quorum: – The quorum of the general Body Meeting shall be 2/3rd (two -third) of the total strength of the Governing Body Members of the society.
- Meeting:– Governing Body Meeting shall be held once in every three months regularly.
10. Functions & Powers of the Governing Body:- Governing Body shall be responsible for management and administration of all affairs of the Society and is also authorized to appoint any office bearer/ executive member to look after any particular activity. All the decisions shall be taken by votes. The Governing Body shall have the powers as are the powers of the society mention in the Memorandum of the society and also in the rules & regulations, to prepare plans, projects and programmes.
11. Composition of the Governing Body:–
Composition of the Governing Body shall be as under
- President One
- Vice President One
- General Secretary One
- Joint Secretary One
- Treasure One
- Coordinator One
- Patron One
- Executive Members Two to Sixteen
12. Duties of Office Bearers
- President shall preside over all the meetings of the society.
- At the time of voting on any matter/ subject (except election) if total votes of the groups of the members happen to be equal in number, the President has powers to cast an extra vote to decide the matter/ subject.
- President shall have power to allow inclusion of any subject/ matter in agenda for discussion in the course of proceeding/ meeting.
- Treasurer shall maintain accounts of money which is received or paid by him/ her on behalf of the society.
- Treasurer shall make disbursement in accordance with the direction of Governing Body of the Society.
- General Secretary:-
- General Secretary will summon and attend the meetings of the Governing Body.
- He will also prepare the membership register as well as proceeding register to record the minutes of the proceedings of the governing of the Governing Body Meetings and General Body Meetings and have them duly signed by the members have them duly signed by the who attend the meetings.
- The Secretary shall enjoy all the power of General Secretary in his/ her absence.
13.Re- Admission. :- In case any member of the society is expelled by Governing Body on the reason of Non Payment of the subscription, he can be re-admitted , provided the concerned member pay all up to dates dues with the permission of the Governing Body.
14.Appeals: – All the appeals shall be referred to the Governing Body of the society and the decision of Governing Body shall be final.
15. Filling of Casual Vacancies: – Any casual vacancy amongst the Governing Body shall be filled by the resolution passed by the Governing Body. Such appointment(s) shall be confirmed by the General Body in its coming General Body meetings.
16. Election:- General Body in its annual Meeting will elect its President and all office bearer and shall also the executive members of the Governing Body, after every two years by secret ballot papers or by show of hands as election officer decide. The office bearer will be elected only for one term on that position.
17. Source of income:- Sources of the income of the society are from admission fees, subscription from members, donation and special contributions . All the income of the society shall be utilized only for promotion and upliftment of the aims and objects of the Society
18.Financial Year:– Financial Year of the Society shall from 1st April to 31st March, every Year.
19.Audit of Account:- The accounts of the society shall be audited by the qualified auditor(Chartered Accountant) every year.
20. Management of Funds & Accounts Operation:-Bank Accounts shall be operated by Joint Signatures of Principal/Coordinator and any one out of President/ General Secretary and Treasurer.
21.Annual list of Managing Governing Body:-Once in every year list of the office bearers of Governing body shall be filed with the Registrar of Societies, as required under Section 4 of the Societies Registration Act 1860.
22. Dissolution and Adjustment of affairs: – If the society needs to be dissolved it shall be dissolved as per the provision laid under Sections 13 and 14 of the Societies Registration Act.1860.
23. Legal proceedings (Section 6 of the Act):- The society may sue or be sued in the name of the President I Secretary as provision lay down under section 6 of Societies Registration Act 1860. Amendments /alteration, extension or abridgement of “purposes ” aims and objects or change of name, section 12 and 12 A of the Societies Registration Act. The amendments should be made under this section.
24.Application of the Act:- All the provisions under all the section of Societies Registration Act 1860 shall apply to this society.
25. Certificate:- Certified that this is the correct copy of the rules and regulations of the Society